St. Joseph Health System Clinical Viewer User Access and Confidentiality Agreement:
This User Access and Confidentiality Agreement outlines the requirements for users of the St. Joseph Health System Clinical Viewer (“ShareVue”). Users include, but are not limited to, physicians and designated office staff employed by these physicians. This Agreement pertains to all access to ShareVue, whether access occurs on hospital property, in the physician office location, or remotely. I agree that my user name (“User Name”) and Password (“Password”) are my unique identifier for accessing ShareVue. I agree that I will only access patient health information using ShareVue to fulfill my job responsibilities and only as permitted by applicable law. To streamline this process while ensuring compliance with California law, we offer electronic signature capabilities, which can be found at the signature lines. By initialing , I agree to conduct this transaction electronically.
* I will not access information using ShareVue that I am not authorized to access, including information for which I do not have a legitimate need to know, such as information that is not related to my job duties or for a patient with which my employer or I do not have a direct treatment relationship. I understand that I am not permitted to access my or another individual’s health information through ShareVue because of curiosity or personal reasons.
* I will not divulge, copy, release, sell, loan, alter, revise, or destroy any information accessed through ShareVue, except as properly authorized by St. Joseph Health System or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
* I will not share my User Name or Password with any individual for any purpose. I will be the only person using my User Name and Password. I accept responsibility for all access to ShareVue made using my User Name and Password. If my User Name or Password becomes compromised, I will immediately contact the St. Joseph Health System Help Desk at AskIT@stjoe.org or 877-552-7547, who will advise me how to proceed.
* I will not attempt to learn or utilize the User Name/Password of another employee, physician or any other person authorized to access ShareVue.
* To the extent my affiliation with St. Joseph Health System terminates, or I am no longer employed by the physician who is affiliated with St. Joseph Health System, I will immediately cease accessing ShareVue.
When I access patient health information from a remote location, I will ensure that no unauthorized person can view the patient health information and that transmission of patient health information for which I am authorized to make are only completed through secure and encrypted connections.I understand that access to patient health information is governed by federal and state laws and that I may be subject to significant fines and criminal actions if I violate the terms of this statement or the governing state and federal regulations.
I agree that St. Joseph Health System may routinely audit my access and may revoke my User Name and Password at any time if I inappropriately access information through ShareVue or do not comply with the terms of this Agreement.
I will immediately report (without undue delay) any known or suspected breach of the security and/or confidentiality of the system or records/data obtained from it to the St. Joseph Health Compliance Hotline at 866-913-0275, or contact Cambria Haydon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand this Agreement will be on file in the St. Joseph Health Box folder
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT.